Also known as Church of the Nazarene
National Register of Historic Places #1982003382
See this location on Yahoo Maps in Flickr
See this location on Google Maps
This building is located at 128 West 44th Street, New York, New York. The GPS coordinates for this location are 40° 45' 23.9" N 73° 59' 04.1" W.
The Lambs Club, a private social group that presented plays and satirical theatrical revues, built this clubhouse in 1904-05. The Eastern half of the this fine Neo-Georgina style building was designed by the prominent architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White, whose senior partners were club members. Architect George A. Freeman, Jr., was responsible for adding the Western half in a seamless ca. 1915 addition that displays similar brickwork, marble, terra cotta, and classical ornament. Sold in 1975, the former clubhouse has subsequently been used as an off-broadway theater and church. The building was renovated and converted into a hotel in 2010.