Chief Operating Officer, Information Services
Job ID R-26801
Date Posted 04/05/2023
Location Sacramento, California
Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization: SHSO- Executive Services
This role supports the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) in providing leadership and guidance for critical areas of Information Services administration within Sutter Health. The COO will oversee project and demand management, finance, contracting, business relationship management, strategic planning, and other assigned areas. The position will work with the CIO to improve cost-effectiveness, service quality, and operational effectiveness of the IT department. The COO will provide leadership, direction, and support for the organization and analyze technology trends to plan for the long-term direction of Information Services. Additionally, the COO will act on behalf of the CIO in executive decisions and committees, as assigned or in the CIO's absence.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of management experience in the healthcare industry, specifically in multi-facility support.
- 4+ years of project management experience in the healthcare industry.
- Proven experience in leading multidisciplinary teams to implement various hospital information technology solutions.
- Experience in developing and overseeing IS capital and operating budgets.
- Proven experience in negotiating contracts.
- Experience in developing and leading governance models.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Healthcare industry: The COO must have a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, including the regulatory environment, reimbursement models, and emerging trends. This knowledge is essential to ensure that the health system's technology strategy is aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Information technology: The COO should possess extensive knowledge of information technology, including hardware, software, networks, and data management. They should stay abreast of new developments and emerging technologies that may be applicable to the healthcare industry.
- Cybersecurity: The COO should be knowledgeable about cybersecurity threats and risks and have a comprehensive understanding of how to protect health system information systems and data.
- Change management: The COO should possess strong change management skills, including the ability to lead and manage complex organizational changes related to technology implementations, upgrades, and optimizations.
- Leadership: The COO should have excellent leadership skills to lead the IS department and collaborate effectively with other departments in the organization. They should have a vision for how technology can support the organization's mission and be able to communicate that vision effectively.
- Project management: The COO should have strong project management skills to oversee complex IT projects, including project planning, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Interpersonal skills: The COO should be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including clinicians, administrators, and vendors. They should be able to listen actively and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Financial management: The COO should have a good understanding of financial management and budgeting to manage the costs associated with technology investments and ensure that IT projects are aligned with the organization's financial goals.
- Regulatory compliance: The COO should have a deep understanding of regulatory compliance requirements, such as HIPAA and other data privacy laws. They must ensure that the organization's technology solutions are compliant with these regulations to avoid potential legal and financial consequences.
Ability to travel throughout Northern California and out of state when required.
Pay Range: $148.14 - $200.42 /Hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Tuesday, May 02, 2023
Chief Operating Officer, Information Services, Sutter Health
Sutter Health has posted a Information Services Chief Operating Officer. While Jerry Padavano, Patrick Anderson and Stuart James filled this position in the late 2000s and early 2010s, I think that the position has been vacant for the last five years.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment