- the excursion in Swagway which included: a helicopter ride up the canyon and over the Denver Glacier; a hike along the Swagway River to the terminal moraine of the Laughton Glacier; and, a train ride back into town on the White Horse and Yukon Railway;
- cruising back and forth in front of the Margerie Glacier in Glacier Bay National Park listening to it make noises like thunder and cannon shots and watching large chunks of the glacier fall into the bay;
- cruising College Fjord up to the Harvard Glacier with bears foraging on the shore and seals lying on chunks of ice in the water;
- the bus tour into Denali National Park above the tiaga into the tundra; and,
- the train ride from Denali to Talkeena along the edge of Denali National Park with views of Mount McKinley.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Highlights from the Alaskan Cruise and Land Tour
My top five highlights from the Alaskan Cruise and Land Tour include: