Sutter Health has had at least three people fill my old CTO position: Wes Wright (March 2015 to March 2018), Frank Rausch (interim CTO from May 2018 to August 2018) and Bill Bellando (February 2019 to May 2021).
In the middle of 2018, Sutter Health fired the Information Technology CIO, COO and CFO.
The CTO job is again posted on Linkedin.
Vice President, Technology | Sutter Health | LinkedIn
The VP of Technology reports to the CIO and will have enterprise responsibility for establishing Sutter’s technical vision, ecosystem, and roadmaps. They will lead all aspects of technology development and play an integral role in fulfilling the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. Overall responsibility for the long-range direction of technological planning and development. Establish, communicate, and maintain the enterprise technology ecosystem, working with the enterprise architecture function, to ensure that the architecture can support the growing and changing needs of the business. Works closely with the privacy team to ensure the security of all stored and shared data.
Lead all functions within IS Technical Services to include; The ITIL Service Delivery Framework, policies and procedures for Engineering, Operations, and Data Centers. Ensure the Technical Services roadmap and budget is synchronized with IS and organizational strategies.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. ITIL Certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
Organization:Sutter Health System Office
- 15+ years of progressively responsible technology leadership roles with a minimum of 8 years in an executive management capacity
- Extensive healthcare experience required
- Knowledge and experience of large, complex environments strongly preferred
- Knowledge and skill demonstrating leadership across all of the major functions of IS Technical Services
- Demonstrate the importance of good decision making and strategic discipline through example
- An extensive knowledge of Information Technology is required with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree or an advanced degree in business or related discipline
- Managerial and organization skills are needed to create plans and strategies and articulate the acceptance of these plans and strategies across all levels of the organization
- This position requires management knowledge to drive through obstacles and deliver computing capability across a broad spectrum of technologies and entities
- Specific functional expertise in the following areas are required; Data Center Redundancy, Network Engineering and Operations, Telecommunications Engineering and Operations to include; Wide and local area networking engineering and operations, ITIL Framework focus on Service Delivery, risk management, budget management, and organizational management
- Experience leading large scale deployment and optimization projects
- Diverse knowledge in industry software and hardware technology trends
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues both logical and physical
- Establish and deliver on key performance indicators to ensure high availability and integrity of systems
- Publish and maintain a two year detailed roadmap of technology evolution to support the demand of computing requirements