Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Celebrating Wallen's Birthday

Up surprisingly early, I ran 6 miles on the treadmill and then had breakfast. The TownePlace Suites had a solid complimentary breakfast.

After getting cleaned up, I caught the shuttle back to the airport. I checked my bag for the day at a storage place on the baggage claim level.

There is now a train from SeaTac to the downtown. Finding my way to the train, I rode it to the last stop which is about a block from Wallen's office. After getting a quick tour of his office, Wallen and I walked the mile and a half to the stadium. We met up with his brother Bob who had flown in the morning.

With an early 12:40 first pitch, the stadium was opened at 10:40 am. Bob and I were essentially the first fans on the suite level and found our way to the suite. We took advantage of what the suite had to offer...


I enjoyed the day a great deal. There was a group of 25 in the suite, including: Wallen, Jill, Nate, Sam, Murphy, Becky, Tal (who I met for the first time), Bob, Jim, Allyn, Bailey, Scott and Gail, Gaston and Vic. I have to admit that I spent a lot more socializing than I did watching the game.

The event was actually a birthday celebration for Wallen, Nate and Sam. Wallen's birthday was last Saturday, Sam's birthday was Tuesday and Nate's birthday was that day.

Safeco Field

Behind seven strong innings from Tanaka and home runs from Teixeira and Jones, the Yankees beat the Mariners by the score of 3 to 1. Making his first start in more than a month, Tanaka (3-1) was efficient and overpowering. Tanaka struck out a season-high nine and had zero walks.

After the game was over, a group made one more stop near the stadium. About 5:30 pm, I started to wind my way back to the airport. I caught the train back to SacTac, picked up my bag and breezed through security. I caught a 8:10 pm flight back to Sacramento.

Finding my car and car keys, I drove back to Napa to catch up with Sharon. She is staying the next couple of days with me while I am working in St. Helena. I crashed about 11:30 pm. A long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment