Take the Sky Explorer chairlift to the top and then plunge to the bottom, first by bobsled and then by treetop zipline.Docked in Falmouth, Jamaica, ashore started at 7:30 am.
On this adventure you will...
On this adventure you will...
- Board an air-conditioned minibus and travel approximately one hour to Mystic Mountain.
- Ride the Sky Explorer chairlift through dense tropical forest overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. This 15-minute ride traverses the forest canopy, offering views of emerald treetops and the cliff-lined north shore.
- Arrive at the top and explore Mystic Pavilion, featuring educational, interactive Jamaican history exhibits. Next, visit the mesmerizing hummingbird and butterfly gardens.
- Relive the glory of the 1988 and 1992 Jamaican Olympic bobsled teams at the Bobsled Jamaica attraction, the crown jewel of Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain. Just a short walk away, this signature ride features a gravity-driven plunge through 3,280 feet of twists and turns on a specially designed sled. Control your own descent with an in-sled handbrake, allowing for either a leisurely tour through the forest or a pulse-quickening dive to the bottom of the mountain. Once your bobsled glides to a graceful stop, the ride will carry you back to the top of the mountain.
- Receive your orientation, safety equipment and harness system for your flight through the canopy on a series of 5 cables and pulleys interconnected on both tree- and land-based platforms, a bridge and a vertical descent. The canopy tour ends at the chairlift mid-station, where you can catch a ride back to the top.
- Savor a delicious Jamaican-inspired lunch at your leisure, included in the tour.
- Enjoy approximately 45 minutes at the top to do as you please: admire panoramic views, swim in an infinity pool with waterslide or visit the restaurant and gift shop.
- When it’s time to depart, simply ride the Sky Explorer chairlift back to the base of the mountain; then board your minibus for the return trip to Falmouth.
The plan for the day was bobsledding and zip lining. Their Tranopy Adventure was scheduled to last from 7:15 am to 1:45 pm.
Sharon had some trepidation about the zip lining, but when I got a chance to talk to her at the end of the day, she was very excited about having done it. This is the last of the excursions that they are doing on the trip.
They got a chance to do some more shopping in Falmouth. Sharon bought a small David Yurman necklace. Due to the length of their excursion on Wednesday, she lamented that they only got about 20 minutes to shop in Grand Cayman.
They had to be back aboard by 4:45 pm.
After dinner, Sharon and Janie thought that they were going to finish the day with a bourbon tasting, but they got the day wrong...
This is a picture of a monkey towel in their room. Apparently, the porter makes them towel animals every night...
Post a Comment