Monday, October 29, 2018

Volvo XC60 T8

Since the Lexus turned 10 years old in June, I have been starting to think more seriously about getting a new car. My requirements included an all-wheel-drive SUV that supported CarPlay. I wanted another hybrid and, if possible, a plug-in hybrid. The list of vehicles that checks all of these boxes is small. I have been focusing over the last two months on the 2019 Volvo XC60 T8.

Saturday morning, Sharon and I went to Niello Volvo and test drove a black Momentum XC60 T8. This is the base model. We were both pretty impressed.

Afterwards, we walked around the lot and looked at a number of other models. In addition to the Onyx Black Momentum, they had one other Ice White Momentum. They had five R-Design models: Bursting Blue; two Crystal White Pearls; Fusion Red, and; Onyx Black. There was a pretty wide variety of different options on the five cars. The R-Design is a step up in trim from the Momentum. They didn't have any Inscriptions in stock; these are the top of the line models.

During my run on Saturday afternoon, I decided to go back and figure out the cost. We headed to the dealer after lunch on Sunday and drove one of the white R-Designs. We spent about an hour running different lease and purchase scenarios. I finally settled on buying the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment