Leaving the house at 7 am, Sharon, Jack and I caught a 9:10 am Southwest flight from Sacramento to Orange County. Collecting our luggage, we caught an Uber to the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland. We are spending the next two night there. Getting to the hotel before 11:30 am, we got a nice surprise: the room was ready.
After getting settled into the room, we headed to Disneyland. We were in the park before noon. The rest of the day included:
- Lunch at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in the park [Sharon: tostada salad; Jack: nachos; me: enchiladas];
- Thunder Mountain;
- Pirates of the Caribbean;
- Indiana Jones;
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run;
- Star Tours;
- Grizzly Peak (Jack and I made an aborted attempt: the ride broke down, we got off and ended up with a Fast Pass that we didn't use.);
- an adult beverage in the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian;
- Dinner at John Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney [Sharon: shrimp and grits; Jack: bourbon burger; me: jambalaya];
- Hyperspace Mountain (Jack and I);
- Indiana Jones (Jack and I);
- Matterhorn (Sharon rode once as a single before we got there); and,
- Splash Mountain.
By the time that we got back to the room, it was about 11:45 pm. It was a long day. I have a number of observations about the parks and the rides that I will in the post for Sunday when we are winding our way back home...