Season seven featured 11 teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world. It premiered on March 1, 2005 and completed its broadcast run on May 10, 2005.
The legs of the race inluded:
- Leg 1 (United States → Peru)
- Leg 2 (Peru → Chile)
- Leg 3 (Chile → Argentina)
- Leg 4 (Argentina)
- Leg 5 (Argentina → South Africa)
- Leg 6 (South Africa → Botswana)
- Leg 7 (Botswana)
- Leg 8 (Botswana → India)
- Leg 9 (India → Turkey)
- Leg 10 (Turkey → United Kingdom)
- Leg 11 (United Kingdom → Jamaica)
- Leg 12 (Jamaica → Puerto Rico → United States)
I really enjoyed watching this season. Boston Rob and Amber made it to the final episode, but finished second. Although we will probably watch a few more of the old Amazing Race seasons, I think that next we will watch the season of Survivor that Boston Rob and Amber first appeared in together.
We were originally planning to visit South Africa this year. With the world upside down and sideways, the trip isn't going to happen. Africa and Turkey are still high on my list of countries to visit.