California State Historical Landmark #866
See this location on Yahoo Maps in Flickr
See this location on Google Maps
This landmark is located at 184 West St. John Street in San Jose, California. There are 42 other California State Historical Landmarks in Santa Clara County.
The last vestige of El Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe. This simple adobe was rehabilitated in the mid-19th century. It is believed to have been built before 1800 by Manuel Gonzalez, an Apache, who was one of the Pueblo Pobladores founders. It was later owned and occupied by Sgt. Peralta, pueblo comisionado from 1807 to 1822, who also came to California with the Anza expedition in 1775-76.