Trailing by 10 points for most of the second half, the Kings turned it into a very entertaining game losing in overtime by a score of 97 to 95. Highlights from the game include:
- Grant Hill played 45 minutes and scored 22 points on 9 for 19 from the field. When the Gunners baseball team was choosing numbers in August, Jack took 33. When I asked him why, he said because that was Grant Hill's number.
- Brad Miller is listed as 7 feet tall and 261 pounds. Standing next to Shaq, Miller looks like a boy standing next to a man.
- During the first half, Jack and I sent this picture to the Kings. They showed it on the big screen at the end of halftime!
- Standing at a concession stand before the game, I saw someone who looked familiar. It turned out to be Paul Cutter whom I played Rugby with at UC Davis and Davis City. I am not sure when the last time I saw him, but it must be at least 15 years ago. Paul always had a beard; he said he shaved it off for the first time in 30 years last week.
- The Kings offense looked horrible. Everyone was standing around watching the player with the ball.