Sunday, October 16, 2016

2016 Georgetown Family Weekend Day 4

After we got up, I walked across the street to the Starbucks for coffees and oatmeal. One of the disadvantages of the Ritz Carlton over the Marriott is that they don't have concierge lounge with a breakfast. We packed up the room and got ready for the day.

We took a cab to campus and met Jack for Mass in Gaston Hall. Afterwards, we said good bye to Jack and headed to the hotel. Although not quite as difficult as at the end of the move-in weekend, it still wasn't easy for me to say goodbye. I am glad that he is coming home for Thanksgiving.

The plan for the day is to go in opposite directions. I caught an UberX to the Nooters, while Sharon took a cab to meet up with Mary Maloney. Mary and Sharon are planning to go wine and beer tasting in Virginia.

I got to the Nooter's new house about 11:35 am. They gave me a tour. They are undertaking a substantial renovation of a house that they bought last December. Afterwards, we sat on their back deck and caught up. I like their view; their property backs up on to the Cabin John Regional Park.
Rob made some chili for lunch. Although I originally planned to take an UberX from there to airport. Rob offered to take me to the airport. It was a nice chance to spend a few minutes with just Rob.

Rob and I got to the airport about 3:30 pm. When we flew out of Dulles in August, there was a herd of people checking baggage. The line was a lot shorter this time. Although I didn't have TSA Pre this time, the security lines weren't bad. It seems like they have moved the lines downstairs into a bigger space with more room for additional scanners.

We boarded the flight about 5:10 pm. It took off on time at 5:45 pm, but with strong headwinds, the flight was about 10 minutes late getting into Sacramento. It seemed like it took forever to get my luggage. It was finally back home about 9:40 pm.

It was a great weekend. I really enjoyed having a chance to see Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment