The job was posted last year.
The CTO is posted again.
Chief Technology Officer
Job ID R-8118
Date Posted 08/12/2022
Location Sacramento, California
SHSO- Executive Services
The CTO reports to the CIO and is responsible for establishing Sutter’s technical vision, leads all aspects of the technology development, and plays an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. Overall responsibility for the long-range direction of technological planning and development. Establish, communicate, and maintain enterprise technology architecture for technology systems and ensure that the architecture can support the growing and changing needs of the business.
Lead all functions within Technical Services to include; The ITIL Service Delivery Framework, Technical Services Domain for Enterprise Architecture, policies and procedures for Engineering, Operations, and Enterprise Data Center. Ensure the Technical Services strategic plan and budget is synchronized with the vision and functions of the Information Services Operations Team (ISOT).
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. ITIL Certification preferred.
This position is available to work in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. Working company standard hours of Pacific Standard Time (PST)/Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is required for this role.
- 12+ years of progressively responsible technology leadership roles with a minimum of 5 years in an executive management capacity
- Knowledge and experience of large, complex Epic environments strongly preferred Prior CTO experience preferred
- Knowledge and skill demonstrating leadership across all of the major functions of Technical Services Comprehensive management experience across multiple IS disciplines with responsibility for multiple departments
- Demonstrate the importance of good decision making and strategic discipline through example An extensive knowledge of Information Technology is required with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with an advanced degree in business or related discipline
- Managerial and organization skills are needed to create plans and strategies and articulate the acceptance of these plans and strategies across all levels of the organization
- This position requires management courage to drive through obstacles and deliver computing capability across a broad spectrum of technologies and entities
- Specific functional expertise in the following areas are required; Enterprise Data Center, Network Engineering and Operations, Telecommunications Engineering and Operations to include; Call Center Management and Optimization, Wide and local area networking engineering and operations, ITIL Framework focus on Service Delivery, risk management, budget management, and organizational management Experience leading large scale deployment and optimization projects
- Diverse knowledge in software and hardware technology trends
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues both logical and physical
- Establish and deliver on key performance indicators to ensure high availability and integrity of systems Publish and maintain a five year strategic plan which details the roadmap of technology evolution to support the demand of computing requirements