When we saw Drew and Shannon in October, I started proposing the idea of Sharon, Jack and I coming down to Southern California after Christmas and spending a day at Universal Studios. While Sharon, Jack and I had dinner in the City Walk years ago, I had never been to the park.
- The World-Famous Studio Tour including King Kong 360 3-D and Fast & Furious – Supercharged;
- Jurassic World – The Ride;
- Late lunch at Karl Strauss Brewing Company;
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (in the singles line);
- Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride without Sharon (with an express pass from Drew's friend Mark);
- Transformers: The Ride-3D (with an express pass from Drew's friend Mark);
- The Simpsons Ride;
- DreamWorks Theatre Featuring Kung Fu Panda; and,
- WaterWorld show.
Drew ran into an old neighbor playing a New York City cop character. He gave Drew two passes that were a game changer in terms of how much ground we could cover.
The day was pretty cold for Southern California. By 9 pm, we were done (the park closes at 10 pm). We walked back to the car. Drew dropped Sharon and I at the hotel.
My observations about our day at Universal Studios Hollywood are here.