Repeat. Up early, I wandered up to the Observation Bar to drink coffee, enjoy the sunrise, watch the Seabourn Encore sail into port and work on the blog.
With Sharon moving slowly for the second day in a row, I ran up to the Colonnade and grabbed some breakfast. I brought her back a plate of food.
As part of getting organized for the fall dinner party, we signed up for two cooking excursions in the second week of the cruise. Catching the bus just after 9 am, we spent the day shopping with a chef at a local market, learning about the art and style of Turkish cuisine and preparing and eating a Turkish lunch.
I enjoyed the food preparation a lot more than I thought that I would. It gave us a bunch of ideas for the dinner party.
Before lunch, they gave us a short tour of the wine cellar. The Karnas Vineyard grows mostly Zinfindel.
The lunch was excellent.
The only downside on the day was that it was about an hour drive to the Vineyard. We got back to the ship about 3:30 pm and stopped briefly at the room. We took a Seabourn shuttle to the castle and the downtown.
We toured the Bodrum Castle and the Museum of Underwater Archaeology. Afterwards, we wandered through the shopping area. Sharon ended up buying some nice pillow cases. Eventually, we caught the shuttle back to the ship.
We finished the night with dinner at the Sushi Restaurant. We had:
- HAMACHI MIZORE YUZU [Yellowtail, Daikon Radish, Yuzu Kosho];
- ABURI SCALLOP [Torched Scallop, Yuzu Dashi, Red Radish, Mustard Cress, Chives];
- MIZUNA [Mizuna Lettuce, Baby Tomatoes, Sesame Dressing];
- SASHIMI [3PCS TUNA / SALMON / YELLOWTAIL];
- HAMACHI ROLL [Yellow Tail, Scallions, Cucumber Taru Taru], and;
- OYAKO ROLL [Salmon, Green Asparagus, Avocado, Cucumber, Marinated Salmon Roe].