This was one of the few days that we didn't book an excursion. Moving slowly, we had a late breakfast in the Colonnade.
Eventually, we caught the tender to the island and wandered the city. After the choas and crowds of Mykonos, it was a welcome change.
We had a glass of wine at Bourtzi. Bourtzi is a tiny peninsula that divides the Skiathos port into two distinct parts. It used to be a fort which was built by the Gizi brothers who ruled over Skiathos back in 1207. There is a retaurant at the tip of the peinsula with a great view.
We had lunch in the old port, including sardines and octopus. The food was very good.
Wandering back to the ship, I went to the gym, lifted weights for thirty minutes and walked for forty minutes on the treadmill.
Getting cleaned up, we went up to the Observation Bar to watch the ship leave part. Repeating myself, watching the ship sail through the Greek Island has exceeded my expectations.
We finished the day with an early dinner at the Restaurant. It was a fixed menu, including:
- GIN MARINATED SALMON [cucumber, avocado, orange, pink grapefruit & caviar];
- OVEN ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP [parmesan cream];
- ARTICHOKE & CREAM CHEESE RAVIOLO [porcini foam];
- BLOOD ORANGE SORBET [apricot champagne splash];
- HERB ROASTED TENDERLOIN OF BEEF [beef confit, parsnip puree, parsnip crisps, truffle] or BUTTER ROASTED COD [seafood tortellini, kale, rainbow carrots, lemon dill caviar butter sauce], and;
- AMARENA CHOCOLATE MOUSSE [citrus cream, raspberry gel, crunchy meringue].
With two days with longer excursions coming up, we crashed early for the second night in a row.
Post a Comment